Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Smalls Everywhere

 Work on all my larger projects seems to have stalled, but I keep going to the pattern stash for Little Things.  And I did the finishing, too!

First up is a freebie from...I think it was Armada Designs, a long time ago?  It is a reference to a character from "Game of Thrones," and it just made me giggle.  I honestly don't think I'd ever hang it on my Christmas tree, but it was just a fun little stitch.


And then, when I was looking through my quilting/finishing fabric stash for something, I found two little houses I stitched a couple years ago - I think they were part of one of the "Year of Smalls" SALs.  And there was a piece of quilting cotton that had a similar design, so I sewed them together.  I found this little shadowbox at a thrift store (I think it had some quote about pets in the middle) and added the pine branch pipe cleaners to fill the space around the stitched piece.  I couldn't make the stitched piece any larger - the brown fabric was cheap, stiff stuff from a magazine kit, and the blue was reeeally soft evenweave that kept fraying.  There was a LOT of glue involved in getting this all together!


I keep thinking that it needs just a little bit "more" - maybe a little bow or 2?  I'll have to think about it for a while.

2 comments:

Bethan said...

Oh those little houses are so lovely - what a clever way to display them x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's so satisfying when stitching is finally finished off. The three house display is effective as is the log hanger for your Christmas design.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...