Friday, April 17, 2020

Springy

Yes, Easter is over, and it is currently snowing here, but since every time I try to make a face mask it turns into a blindfold, I decided I need to stick to my strengths.
This was fiddly, but fun!  And only a one-day project.  The little bunny butt is from Oxmoor House's "One-Hour Cross Stitch" book, and the bunny ear napkin holder was another find at A.C. Moore's going-out-of-business sale.  The fiddliness came in because the holes in the napkin holder are not exactly symmetrical.  I had to trace each one on comic book board and fit them several times before I was satisfied.  I originally wanted the back to look "framed" like the front, but then realized I needed to push and adjust from both the inside and outside of the ring to make that work.  Once the front was on, there was obviously no way to do that  for the back piece.  So the back is more of a smooth fit.
I loved making this!  It just makes me smile.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...