Sunday, April 26, 2020

Quarantine = Crafty Productivity

As the quarantine began, and we are still getting settled in our new home, I resolved to work through some of my smaller patterns.  I hoped I'd get the satisfaction of both some finishes AND some things cleared out of my overflowing stash storage!  (It will still take me several decades to get through ALL the stash, and I know I'll still buy more.  It is the nature of the beast, after all.)

Here is my first finished product - "A Child's Dream (Moonshadow Mini)" by Full Circle Designs.  It is all done with DMC, so it was easy to kit up.  I still made a substitution or 2, though -- the stars are stitched in silver Kreinik, because I just could do them with black as charted.  Black stars?  Nope!
I framed it myself, too.  The frame is from Olde Colonial Designs, and I think I picked it up at Celebration of Needlework last year with another project in mind.  But it was perfect for this one, and since I don't remember exactly what else I was planning to use it for...

4 comments:

Annie said...

Such a pretty project! Love all the purples <3

Cathy said...

Very pretty project!

Kay said...

This is lovely and so good that you could completely finish it too. my finishes are sitting waiting for the time when I get get out to buy frames. x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's a beautiful finish. I agree with you about the black stars. I prefer your change.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...