Saturday, February 29, 2020

Crafter Gotta Craft

As we're getting settled in our new place, I've discovered that there is an A.C. Moore craft store along my commute to/from work.  Now, A.C. Moore is going out of business...but!  That means sales!!!

Oh dear.

Yes, I've made several stops there, looking for things to stock up on "just in case."  And honestly, there hasn't been that much.  I've grabbed a few glass jars (because I love making jar wraps out of small ornament-size patterns), some of the unfinished wood things that might be useful given my love of boxes, and some teeny picture frames - I have a crazy idea that I could stitch a bunch of Prairie Schooler Santas over-one.

But then I saw these little carrot photo holders.  You know, the kind with the little metal curly-Q on top to hold a picture or a name at a place setting?  And I thought, "ooooo."
I call him Carrot Egg Bunny.
Here is his backside -

(I may have a small army of little carrots, too, but I will neither confirm nor deny that.)  But for .75 each, can you really have too many potential carrot bunnies?  His bead trim came from the clearance sale, too, only $1.29 for 5 yards.  The bunny pattern is from Gillian Souter's "120 Celebration Cross Stitch Cards."

4 comments:

Paula H said...

That's a great finish! How did you fasten the stitching to the wire piece? Did you sandwich it between your front and back?

I'm sad about A.C. Moore closing, they were my go-to for finishing bits.

Astrids dragon said...

What a fun finish! I'd have an army of them too at that price, lucky you!
I haven't been to an ACMoore in a while, Joann, HL, and Michaels are much closer.

Bethan said...

What a great finish - I don't blame you for having several carrots. They are cute and a bargain! x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those carrots were too good to resist! They do make sweet stitching holders.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...