Thursday, January 16, 2020

Homeless No More!

Our closings went smoothly, and we're now homeowners again!  (It was a little scary there for a while, since our sellers gave us early entry but I was still nervous that our buyers might fall through.)  We are slowly unpacking and learning the quirks of our new home.  It was built in the 1960s, and parts of it are somewhat dated, but it was loved and well-cared for and it shows.  So far we've had all the bedrooms, the living room, den and half-bath painted.
living room - before
pink and pale, blah


living room - after.  So much warmer and cozy!  (I'm keeping the lighter drapes and carpet, at least for the time being)

The half-bath was wallpapered, and that HAD to go.

(The "after" picture was taken before the paint crew got the final coat of paint on - but you get the idea!)  I'm really looking forward to making this my "mermaid" bathroom, complete with stitched pieces.

2 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

So exciting to make it your own, especially a mermaid bathroom!

Bethan said...

Wow you have got a lot done already! The new lounge colour looks much better x

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...