Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thankful for so many things...

....family, friends, and life in general.

And thank YOU for stopping by - I know I don't post much anymore.  But our house has sold, and we've found a place to buy, and we're hoping to close before Christmas!  We have to sell in order to buy, and arranging that timeline is no simple task.  I wish we could close on the new place sooner, and have a little breathing room to have some rooms painted and get some work done.  But unfortunately our finances just don't support that.  Ah well, I know we'll get there!

Despite the impending move, our Thanksgiving was lovely.  My parents came for dinner, and I made more than enough food to feed the 5 of us.  I think we'll be eating leftovers for weeks...  LOL

As far as crafting, I haven't been doing much.  Although I haven't packed everything yet, a good portion of my stash is in a storage unit (packed and removed from the house for showings).  I kept one basket of WIPs out, but between packing, my new 120-mile daily roundtrip commute, and other life stuff, I rarely have the energy to do much in the evenings.  :(  Heck, even cooking has been more than I can handle, and I hate to admit the amount of fast food that has found its way into our house in the past couple months.  But I just keep looking forward, knowing that hopefully with the new year my commute will be cut more than in half, and our new home will have an extra first floor room that I intend to make MINE for crafting.  No more basements, I'm moving up in the world!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

It is said that moving house is one of the most stressful events in life, so with your long commute I think you're holding up pretty well! Hopefully it won't be for too much longer. :)

Bethan said...

Fingers crossed your house-buying goes well! x

Astrids dragon said...

Good luck with your move, exciting and stressful at the same time. It will settle down soon after you've moved and everything is arranged, especially your craft room!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...