Monday, January 14, 2019

Here's a SAL I can get behind!

So, the Ten Hour Stitcher (aka Rachel) proposed a SAL of sorts, dedicated to FINISHING.  Yes!  I can do this!  I NEED to do this, after starting an inventory of all the raw materials I've collected for this sort of thing.  I have boxes, baskets, jars, and ornaments all OVER my craft space, not to mention the wood cut-outs, 3-D findings, beads, charms, buttons, and fabrics I've stashed away for embellishing these things.  I thought a simple Google Doc spreadsheet would be a good thing - including a picture of each Thing, the approximate dimensions, location, and a space to add a picture of the Thing When Finished with Needlework.  Now granted, including decent pictures means the spreadsheet cells can be pretty large...but still, the document is currently 7 pages long and nowhere near complete.  Sigh.  It reminded me of this post, where I described my Crafty Brain running amok.  Of course it is wonderful to have the things I need on hand when I envision something....but it has gotten to the point where I can no longer FIND the thing I'm envisioning, and I'm not even sure if I did, in fact, acquire it at some point or if I'm just imagining things.  So now the Organized Librarian is pushing back against Crafty Brain just a bit, hoping to benefit both. 
If you click on my "finishing" post tag, you'll see some of the more recent results of my attempts to organize...the Spring basket, the triangular Santa tree, and the gingerbread house jar wrap.  All of those had been sitting around, just waiting for me to put them together.  (Now I'm left with the entirely different yet somewhat related dilemma of where to put the FFOs...)  I'm sure there are more pieces in my Bin of Accomplishment that might suit some of the things I've been inventorying!

If you are interested in the SAL, here is the link to the Fully Finished Gallery SAL.  (I'm going to tag my posts  "FFG SAL 2019.")  When I get some more free time, I'll include it in my "2019 SALs" box in the right-hand column.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...