Thursday, January 03, 2019

..aaaand we're off!

Here is what I started at midnight (or thereabout) on New Year's Eve...
Plum Street Samplers' "Cape Cod Keeps," on 32-ct. antique white linen (a freebie from Needleworker's Delight at a Celebrations dinner).  I've substituted for almost all of the colors, either because I didn't have the dyed flosses called for or because when I pulled the ones I DID have, they didn't look like the picture.
I hope this turns out well as one long, horizontal piece - I like the idea that the mermaid and the whale are "talking" to each other.  LOL

Also, I've briefly considered making 2019 "The Year of Mermaids," because my stash of mermaid/ocean-themed patterns is sort of crazy.  I've gone so far as to seriously contemplate putting together a mermaid collection (patterns, some finishing trims, a book of mermaid lore, and other doo-dads) for the silent auction at Celebrations of Needlework this year.  The more things I finish, the more patterns I'll be able to part with in the auction basket!  I even made this little fob and needleminder set to include, with glass beads I ordered from an Etsy seller.
The fob just tickles my fancy!  I'm not sure about including the minder, though...I've seen some people on Facebook and other places complaining about the size/strength of minder magnets, and I'm also worried that it could crack if someone really let it "thwack" together.  :/

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You are off to a great start on your mermaid piece. Your fob and needle minder look fabulous. Enjoy your weekend!

Bethan said...

You are off to a great start - I love that you started stitching at pretty much midnight! Great dedication to starting stitching in 2019 x

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...