Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Modified and Finished

Hot off the scroll frame last night, this is "Sharing" from Stitching with Sudberry Samplers II, leaflet no. 26, by Donna Vermillion Giampa.  I made several changes, which I mentioned in my previous post, but now you can see all of the Quaker motif and the Rhodes heart that I used to replace the stitched clock face.  I also stitched the birds at the top with the variegated blue from the motif -- I cut a section of the floss that was all blue, with none of the gray variegation. 
This isn't my typical style, but I really like it!  Now I'm envisioning a sampler wall in my kitchen, perhaps.....

5 comments:

Barb said...

That turned out cute. Great job on it.

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet little finish!

Suz said...

Great job on the updates, that piece looks really nice. Congrats!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work. I love the Quaker motif you added, it looks perfect in the middle.

Unknown said...

The switch from the clock face turned out so pretty. This is a beautiful piece and the quote is perfect.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...