Thursday, July 28, 2016

Second Verse, Same as the First...

My July SAL check-in...
...another little straw bonnet girl, this one in blue.  I want to do a third - maybe in pink? - add names, and make them into something ornament-like for my mother.  Not sure if that third one will get stitched right away, though.  I'm a little burned out on the bonnet girls....

I also took the garden gnome piece that I shared a few posts ago to my local framer (who is AWESOME), and in a week or 2 I should have the reframed piece back to show off.  I picked a deep frame that will create a shadowbox effect, and some pretty double mats.  It also cost more than I had planned to spend, but I really love working with the shop and giving him business, so I suppose it all works out in the end.

2 comments:

KimM said...

Awesome ! Can hardly wait to see your framed piece. Love your sun bonnet girl.
xxx

Unknown said...

I really do love these little Bonnet girls. Days gone by, I do know why my parents always said "I remember when". I can't wait to see the frame gnome.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...