Sunday, December 09, 2012

Wimpy WIPocalypse posting

I've been so consumed with smalls the past few weeks/months, I've totally neglected my big WIPocalypse pieces.  Oops.  But here is the Dark Sorceress, making her triumphant re-appearance with the bottom half of her gown and wrap completed.
(I was so skimpy with my fabric...there is barely an inch on either side of those purple tendrils.  I may have to send this one to Jill Rensel for framing, just because I'm concerned that none of my local options for framing would know what to do with that small a margin.  Sigh.  Guess I shouldn't have been quite so concerned with trying to maintain a "standard" cut in my piece of fabric.)

5 comments:

Annie said...

She's really lovely!

Heather said...

Beautiful! And I understand what you mean about fabric sizes. I keep trying to find ways not to end up with weird left over pieces or to not have to buy the next larger size. But, I usually give in. :/ I kind of wish more designers would take into consideration the standard fabric size.

demeter83 said...

Love this piece, want to stitch her myself one day. Are you doing all three? Your stitching looks gorgeous!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful stitches. Love your fall fabric!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

great progress :D

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...