Saturday, December 15, 2012

Small finishes

Today I finished up LHN's "Pine Tree Hill" design from the 2006 JCS ornament preview issue.  (Thank you, Rahenna, for the extra Roasted Chestnut floss!  It was perfect.)
 
While I did use the Roasted Chestnut and the DMC colors called for in the pattern, I used a different red and green.  I just couldn't stitch pine trees in "Desert Mesquite" when I had a perfectly good skein of "Pine" sitting in my stash drawer!  And I didn't have "Ruby Slippers" red so I used Buckeye Scarlet.  I haven't yet decided whether to finish this as a pillow or a flat ornament, but I do think I will use that pretty plaid fabric in the pic.

I also got around to pillowifying the autumn leaf piece that I didn't manage to finish before Thanksgiving.  This is the October Leaves pattern from Vanessa Ann's 1992 "Holidays in Cross-Stitch" book.  The finishing fabric was sent to me in an exchange...I had just enough to make this little pillow for the basket of smalls that sits on my kitchen table.  

4 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

i love that word - pillowifying - your autumn pillow looks awesome and the colours in pine tree hill are lovely and bright - hugs, Amanda

Lesleyanne said...

Your finish is lovely. The backing fabric is perfect for it.

valerie said...

Cute finishes!!

Caitlin Jordan said...

beautiful finishes

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add...