Saturday, September 15, 2012

Exchange received and bit of progress

Last week I received my Autumn Exchange piece from Roberta.  She made the sweetest little scissor pocket!
She didn't give me any details about the design, but I think it a modification of a freebie found at Cross Stitch Happy.  I really love it!  It is already hanging from my stitching lamp, and I've been using the scissors.  Plus, she wrapped it in the fabric in the photograph, so I need to find a nice Halloween-y design for that orange evenweave.....

I've also been inspired to work on the Dark Sorceress a bit (poor DH, Wee Bit is quite enamored with the Sorceress, and is now requesting more "piddy ladies."   As he said, maybe I'll finish his Labyrinth....befor he retires...  LOL).
Most of what I've done recently is the yellow background, and a few lengths of purple floss for her wrap.  Getting close to the bottom!  Then I'll have to go up and finish the top.

4 comments:

cucki said...

lovely exchange gift and your wip is so cute too..
hugs x

Rebekah said...

Your Dark Sorceress is looking good! I stitched on part of her and the other 2 ladies in the series for a Round Robin. My lady was the Earth Goddess. I really love the colors in this one though.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely exchange. It's so nice to see all the great Autumnal designs around.
Thank you for the link for the missing chart from JCS. I love bloggers and the internet!

Mouse said...

ohhh nice scissor keep and lovely fabric it was wrapped in too :)
well done on the stitching front too .. glad to see the sorceress out again :) love mouse xxxx

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...