Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Two more small finishes

My Autumn Exchange piece arrived safely in North Carolina, so now I can share the pillow I made for Diana.
This little design is from a Sam Hawkins book, "Cross Stitch Seasons."  I was pretty pleased with my "9-patch" finishing, too!  The blue fabric was something I picked up in the remnant bin at the quilt shop, and the orange corner pieces were leftovers from my stash.  I thought they worked quite nicely with the stitching.  I also included a vanilla soy candle and a little metal pumpkin ornament.
And I also finished the freebie I teased you all with earlier! 
 
It was "The Spooks are Out!" by Waxing Moon Designs. I don't know if it is still available anywhere - I don't see it on their website now. It is stitched on some 25-ct. Driftwood linen I found in my stash cabinet, and I used the DMC floss substitutions provided, except for the pumpkins. Those I stitched with a DMC variegated orange. I thought the wrapper said 4821, but I can't find that color (or number!) in any online color listings. Hmmm. I picked up the floss in a clearance bin at Hobby Lobby, so manybe it was discontinued or renumbered?  Oh, and the cat's eyes are beads from an old assortment pack I found.

3 comments:

cucki said...

aww they both are so cute x

Chris said...

Wonderful fall stitching!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Great stitching pretty colours in the pillow.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...