Sunday, October 03, 2010

See? I wasn't kidding!

Sometimes I actually DO have some ability to follow through....

Marie Le Gouis' "Autumn Meeting," from the October 2010 issue of The Gift of Stitching!

I started this Friday night, and have been stitching on it every chance I get while the Wee Nugget sleeps (and she's got a stuffy head cold right now, which makes me sad, but it means that she's napping like a champ, which is kind of nice...). I swapped out several of the hand-dyed colors, since I had only about 6 of the ones called for. From looking at the color picture in the magazine, I think the most obvious change will be the orange flowers in the center - the model was stitched using Crescent Colors' Sassy Brass, and I substituted The Dye Is Cast's Marigold. it is a bit more "melon-y" than the model, but it still looks suitably autumnal, I think! I'm also using a different fabric - an unlabeled 28-ct. from my stash, which I think is a little lighter than the dirty linen used for the model. Or maybe my flash just makes it look that way?

I'd rather be working on it right now, but I'm working at Job #2 (college library reference desk) until 9pm tonight. Sigh. And then I have to get home and package up my Halloween exchange so I can mail it out on my way home from work tomorrow!! Busybusybusy...

1 comment:

CalamityJr said...

Love your progress. Anything with a bunny appeals to me, and this is especially pretty. Hope you can get back to it soon!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...