Friday, October 01, 2010

Just popping in to say...

....I don't usually rave about things, but....I LOVE the latest issue of The Gift of Stitching!! (cover pic/link in my sidebar) The peacock sampler on the cover, by Papillon Creations, is gorgeous, and there are some super-cute designs inside as well. I love the Prairie Schooler charts inspired by Ukrainian eggs, and the autumn design by Marie Le Gouis. I actually stopped at my LNS on my way home from work today and picked up some of the hand-dyed flosses for Marie's chart! (You know, because I need to start something new....)

As for my current stitching projects, I finished stitching my Halloween exchange piece, and just need to do a bit of sewing to finish it up. I originally wanted to make a drawstring bag with it, but there were issues. :( Never fear, though, I had an alternate plan! Sadly, I can't post pics yet, but soon.

2 comments:

Cole said...

Isn't it great?!?! I swear I had to wipe the drool off my keyboard when I was finished looking at it, it's that exciting! ;o)

Kathy A. said...

I so agree! I love that peacock sampler too and the peacock feather bookmark and oh, lots of other stuff too!
Look forward to seeing our Halloween exchange.

Decision Made

After monkeying with the shells and beads some more, I decided to take them all off... ...and I think I like it best this way.  I did add...