Saturday, April 04, 2009

What I've been up to

Well, first of all, it feels like all I do is work. *sigh* I've spent at least part of the past few weekends at my second job, and although it isn't terribly stressful, it cuts into my style a bit. And starting next week I'll be there one weeknight as well. BUT I got my first paycheck from there on Friday, and it almost covered my classes at Celebration, so I have to keep looking on the bright side!!

Last weekend I started a piece for my friend's baby. I'm sure I've mentioned it before - probably ad nauseum! - but this friend never finds out the sex of her babies before they are born. Since they have to call them something until they are born, they've had "Peep," "Cubby," "Finn," and now "Kit." Peep and Cubby were easy to find cute patterns for, but Finn was a bit of a challenge! And for Kit I'm doing some fox cubs from Stoney Creek. Here is my progress so far.I'm stitching this on a piece of Silkweaver "Meadow Mist" 28-ct. lugana. I bought it on a whim, when they were having one of their sales....now I'm glad I did!

I also just couldn't wait to do a spring design, so I grabbed Lizzie Kate's "Hello Spring" freebie and a handful of Six Strand Sweets flosses, and whipped this up - I had one little square of buttermilk Jobelan left over after the last little baby bag, and this was perfect. The flosses I used were: Lemonade (for the center of the big flower), Cherry Pie (for the petals), Blue Curacao for the border, and Berry Twist for the letters. Oh, and the buttons were something I picked up at a craft store a long time ago for some unknown/unremembered reason. They are a little bigger than the ones called for in the pattern, but they are cute all the same! If I feel motivated, maybe I'll finish this into a little knob hanger or flat-fold....before summer.... LOL

5 comments:

Christine S said...

Your L*K design came out really well!! I love the colours you used for the flower. Great job on your Stoney Creek piece, too!

Brigitte said...

Very nice L*K finish. It really looks very spring-y with the colours you chose. And we all need to see lots of colours after that long winter.

Maren said...

Congratulations and Happy Dance to you for your very nice finish! The fox cub is coming all, too. Your friend and her husband are sure to love it!

CindyMae said...

I just love the piece you are stitching for your friends baby, can not wait to see it done. The spring piece is so cute! I love the colors you used and the buttons just add to it!

Cindy F. said...

Your fox cubs are going to be adorable and such a nice gift!!

And Erin! I love your L*K Spring finish!! Congrats girl! The buttons are perfect:) Too cute!!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...