Monday, September 01, 2008

I Lied.

I know, I said I was going to work on Butterfly Lace over the weekend....but I couldn't resist a new start. Now, ever since seeing Ann's piece with the verse about having a mother who reads to her children, I've been thinking about this pattern that was in my stash. So Sunday morning, while DH snoozed, I pulled the flosses for the Reading Sampler by Cross-Eyed Cricket. I substituted some over-dyes, because I think samplers like this just lend themselves to some pretty and whimsical effects. But the colors themselves are pretty true to the pattern -- all of the color changes are the way they were designed! I'm stitching this on a piece of 32-ct. Vintage Limited linen from Lakeside Linens...it was sent to me years ago by a generous BB member when I confessed to never trying evenweaves. I FINALLY cut into the fat half (because really, what piece would I ever do that would require THAT much fabric?!?!? I was careful to cut it into "standard" sizes, though, so I have a quarter and an eighth left). I hope you can see it bigger if you click on it, because the colors aren't showing up very well in that little pic.

And now the answers to the movie quotes that no one guessed. Only 7 were left...

4) And then Jack chopped down what was the world's last beanstalk, adding murder and ecological terrorism to the theft, enticement and trespass charges already mentioned and all the giant's children didn't have a daddy any more. But he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks inconvenient questions. Hogfather

5) I play hockey and I fornicate, 'cause those are the two most fun things to do in cold weather. Mystery, Alaska

6) There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost... the ship has sailed and only a fool would continue. Truth is... I've always been a fool. Big Fish

8) What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. GalaxyQuest (I'm thinking Suz knew this one...)

9) That's the great thing about plankton. It pretty much keeps to itself. The Replacements -- chicks dig scars.

11) Thank God for the model trains, you know? If they didn't have the model trains they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains. A Mighty Wind

15) Never fall in love with a woman who sells herself. It always ends bad. Moulin Rouge

And finally, I have to show you my kitty's new "friend." I saw this little sweetie peeking in our screen the other day, and since then she keeps coming around...I swear I haven't fed her, even though I have a horrible soft spot for gray cats. She's just the tiniest little thing, hardly out of kitten-dom.

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...