Sunday, July 20, 2008

You can't keep a stitcher down...

The majority of my stitching stash has been packed, and is now at my parents' place (about half-way between our current home and my new job). But that won't stop a true stitcher, will it?!?!?

Because as I was going through storage bins in the basement, throwing away some things to make room for more, I found.....stitching! This was a kit I started years ago, in attempt to marry my fascination with dollhouses and my love of needlework. It is one of those "Clothesline Quilts" by Cross My Heart, and I extended the design so it would fit on a twin-sized dollhouse bed. I even found the bed I was making it for...I'm sure I had a whole room in mind at one point...

Once the stitching is finished, I'll have to find some fabric to make a backing with. But there really isn't that much work left to do on it.... I'll have to leave it as accessible as possible, maybe I'll have an actual finish this month???

2 comments:

Camille Minichino said...

Beautiful, Erin! I've never tried crosstiching but my roomboxes are filled with things I've knitted. I use 000 needles and embroidery thread, and still it's much faster than what you're doing. Much admired -- thanks!
Camille/Margaret Grace
author of "Murder in Miniature"
http://www.dollhousemysteries.com

debijeanm said...

How adorable. I, too, have dollie things stashed for "someday." Love the stitched quilt. Hmmmm...

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...