Sunday, March 02, 2008

Updates are for the birds.

Hehehe!

First, an update on the chickadee wreath. (This is actually from last week, I just never got around to posting it. *blush*)

Next, a new start. This pattern is from an old issue of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine, and I'm turning it into a small wedding sampler. The bride is a family friend, and she is marrying a nice farm boy. I've changed the wording from "bless this home" to "love grows here," and I have a few other modifications in mind. Obviously I'll need to add their names and the wedding date. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to stitch the 3 hearts as charted, or if a row of Rhodes hearts (or another band-sampler style stitch?) would be more interesting.

-"Love Grows Here" wedding piece
-based on CS&CC Jan/Feb 1989 pattern (page 5)
-stitched on 28-ct. Zweigart antique white linen

3 comments:

stitching aussie style said...

Hi Erin, Your wedding sampler is looking great! I think maybe the Rhodes hearts would fit...

Kathy A. said...

Your wedding sampler is beautiful. Go with the Rhodes heart. They would suit this piece so well and they are so wonderful done. Your little bird wreath is just so cute too.

Aussie Stitcher said...

You have made great progress on your wreath. I love the wedding sampler, it is gorgeous.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...