Friday, November 02, 2007

November already?!?!?

Wow, time sure is flying lately!! I haven't felt very craft-motivated....I hope that changes soon.
Monthly recap/goal time.

OCTOBER RECAP:
1) Keep working on Toni's Neighborhood RR square. Well, Toni has dropped out of the RR, but I DID work on the square...
2) Join in the TW SAL over on The Wagon BB -- I'm going to dig out "Regal Peacocks." Small, but it IS a TW, and it DOES need to get finished! Just a few stitches, but better than nothing.
3) Work on other WIPs as the urge strikes. Yes - I worked on the Sue Hillis dragon and the Gaelic freebie.
4) Work on - possibly finish - the baby gift for my friend. Not finished, but getting close!

NOVEMBER GOALS:
1) Finish up Toni's RR square and return her piece to her.
2) Start laying out the next RR square when it arrives (probably sometime after 11/15).
3) Baby gift.
4) Start an ornie or other "small," perhaps? My fingers have been itching for a little finish!
5) Other WIPs as the mood strikes.

And a few SBQs.
10/24 -- Do you railroad?
Sometimes. If I feel my tension or technique is getting sloppy, I might railroad a stitch here and there. It seems to help with thread twists and the like. But I'm not consistent enough to railroad EVERY stitch!
10/31 -- If you were a cross stitch designer, what would your design style be?
Oh gosh! There is a reason I'm NOT a designer... (well, there are many reasons) As much as I love the dragon/fantasy themes, I don't think I'd design them myself. Folks like Theresa Wentzler, Jennifer Aikman-Smith and Karen Weaver do such a lovely job! I do enjoy finding interesting quotes and inspirational phrases, and then charting them to add to existing designs....so maybe I'd be a designer of sampler-style pieces? I don't really know, though!

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...