Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lonely Weekend

I've lost my DH to computer games this weekend -- he plays City of Heroes, and evidently this weekend is some kind of "double experience points" event. I must admit, he isn't a stereotypical cave-dwelling, Dorito-munching, Mt. Dew-swilling gamer....and I don't really begrudge him his playing time. Besides, work has been a bit stressful for him lately, and his classes this semester aren't incredibly engaging, so taking the weekend to blow off some steam is probably a good thing for him. And it gives me some time to stitch, watch MY movies, and get a bit of cleaning done around the house!

This morning I put in Pirates of the Caribbean and stitched on the mermaids (appropriately, I think!). Here they are, complete with the spattering of premature beads....
(The beads are on the left side of the left-hand mermaid.) I actually got quite a bit done, mostly on the tail of the larger right-hand girl.

Tonight I broke down and started something new, too.....Cricket Collection's "Old Books" sampler. After a floss toss on a couple different pieces of fabric, I finally settled on a Silkweaver solo that I've had for ages. I think I got it on eBay back when I was looking for a fabric to stitch Butternut Road's "Once Upon a Time" on, but decided this one was too splotchy - it kind of reminds me of an Appaloosa pony. It does, however, work with the bright colors of the Cricket design. I've changed a few colors -- most out of necessity -- and I'm using hand-dyeds where I didn't have the called-for DMC. I didn't make a lot of progress yet, but I'll try to share a pic in a day or 2!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. DH and I are both playing City of Heroes this weekend. We had two friends over yesterday and played all day. We have villains on Pinnacle and heroes on Infinity if he needs a team. ;-) Our office could be considered cave-like, we're on a diet so no Doritos, and they changed the formula on Mountain Dew so we don't drink it anymore.

Anonymous said...

The mermaids look lovely!!

Unknown said...

I like your mermaids. I know how you feel losing your DH for the weekend I lost mine this past weekend too.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...