Thursday, January 25, 2007

SBQ, 1/24/2007 -- Dying for Hand-dyeds

What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there any companies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why?

I'm a Silkweaver addict. hehe And the annual Showcase competition certainly feeds my obsession -- it would be awesome to win someday! But I love just about any hand-dyed, given the right circumstances. As I've seen other bloggers comment, I sometimes find Sugar Maple's hand-dyeds a little too overwhelming...but at the same time, I've seen some really striking pieces stitched on those fabrics, too.
Companies whose fabric I've used:
- Silkweaver - for "Flower Faerie," "Once Upon a Time" by Butternut Road, "Night Wizard," "Fire & Ice," "Good Yule" blocks, "Fairy and the Swan," and "Mermaids of the Deep Blue" (WIP).
- Sugar Maple Fabrics - for "Once Upon a Time" by Dragon Fire Designs.
- Birds of a Feather - for Stoney Creek's "Song of Peace."
- Picture This Plus - for "Sensational Summer."
- Wichelt - for "Woodland Sampler."
(Wow -- I never realized how many pieces I'd stitched on hand-dyed fabbies!!) I also have a drawer full of unused fabrics , most from Silkweaver and SMF, and gorgeous piece of Southern Sky by CountryStitch - it has a wonderful feel to it, and I'm almost afraid to use it.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night I got out the mermaids, and did a bit of "premature beading." LOL I couldn't resist...I just had to see how the sparklies were going to look! And since I'll have to roll the beads into my frame eventually anyway, I'm not too worried. I did some beads on the left side of the left-hand mermaid - kind of in the "butt" region (do mermaids HAVE butts?!?!?). As usual, I stitched until I was about to drop, so the pictures will have to wait until tonight/tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too tend to cheat and begin beading before the thread stitching is done. Oh, well. What fun is life if we can't indulge ourselves a little.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...