How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?
I named my blog "Fairy Tales and French Knots" for a couple reasons:
1) I love fairy tales, and fantasy designs.
2) After a LOT of practice, I can finally do a fair-to-middling french knot.
3) I like the alliteration. LOL
Since starting this blog, I've also begun keeping a scrapbook of my stitching projects, and I titled that "Fairy Tales & French Knots," as well. So the title has come to mean more to/about me than it did when I started!
A while back Karen tagged me with the "seven songs" list - so here goes. (I finally brought my iPod to work - makes this much easier!!)
Here are the rules; List 7 songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre. Whether or not they have words or even if they are any good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now! Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.
1) "Bonny Portmore" - an instrumental version performed by The Rogues. I love to listen to this while watching the sun set over Lake Erie...and listening to it always reminds me of those times.
2) "Ordinary Day" - Great Big Sea
3) "Doubting Thomas" - Nickel Creek
4) "Medieval People" - Mark Silverman (an old MP3 I downloaded for free years ago...it always makes me giggle)
5) "Kiss at the End of the Rainbow" - Mitch & Mickey, from the soundtrack to "A Mighty Wind."
6) "Seasons of Love" - "Rent" soundtrack
7) "Dante's Prayer" - Loreena McKennitt
Wow. I'm definitely in a wistful mood today....and wishing I could go to the Faire, evidently! (It is snowing here, though, so it isn't strange that I'm thinking of fun, warm days.....)
Because a girl can never have too many octagonal jewelry boxes....right? This is my July small, Homespun Elegance's "Lady Quaker...
...or you will end up frogging a whole bunch of over-one stitching. Grrr. So there is no progress pic on the cowboy piece today, because I...
This is the little mermaid pattern I started the other night - a freebie. There was no color key, so I'm using: Crescent Colors "...
Pardon the rather blurry cell phone picture.... I knew I wanted to mount this piece on a wooden plaque, but its dimensions were making i...