Tuesday, November 07, 2006

L.U.S.T. *sigh*

(And I'm blaming Carol for this!! hehehe)

I just acquired a piece of Country Stitch "Mithril" lugana from Carol, and I've been playing with the fabric and pattern viewer....now I simply MUST have either Mirabilia's "The Dreamer" or "The Scent of Old Roses" to stitch on it!! If the piece Carol is sending is anything like the pic the viewer uses, I think Dreamer would look especially yummy. Hmmmm. Fairy Flora could be good, too, though....and I already HAVE that pattern.....

I took a mental health day on Friday...it was a good decision, as it SNOWED all day here. Ick! But I curled up on the couch with the furballs, watched a movie or two, napped, and stitched. Heaven, I tell you. I've made some decent progress on the wedding gift (although it feels like all I do is continually change colors). And last night after my mile in the pool, I brought out the Mermaids for a bit. I'm really loving them! Darn that wedding project, after all. Oh, and I'm thinking that my small project this month will be the Shepherd's Bush pattern from the 1998 JCS ornie issue. I already have a styrofoam block to try my hand at the "cube" finishing technique....and since I'm going to send the Good Yule banner away, I'll need a little bit of Shepherd's Bush cuteness for my own holiday decorating!

The weekend was pretty relaxing, all in all. I finished up the scrapbook for my mom - I'm quite proud of it, too! - and posted pics of all the pages in my Flickr gallery. If you are curious, you can click on my badge on the right and browse through them. Sunday I tried another recipe from my casserole cookbook - "Mexican-Style Chicken." It was a hit, and DH gave it 2 thumbs up! (of course, he is pretty easy to please....) It is just a 6-oz. box of stuffing mix, 4 chicken breasts, a cup of salsa and a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix up the stuffing with 1 1/2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of margarine, spread it in the bottom of a 12 x 8 (or 13 x 9) casserole, lay the chicken on top, spoon the salsa onto the chicken, and sprinkle the cheese over the whole thing. Bake it at 375 degrees until the chicken is done (about 30-40 minutes, depending on the oven and how thick the chicken pieces are). Voila!!!

Hopefully I'll have something worthy of photographing by week's end.....

5 comments:

Karen said...

The recipe sounds yummy!! Sadly, my DH hates Mexican food, so I'll have to try this one when he won't be home for dinner, lol...

Carol said...

The lugana is slightly lighter, still very vibrant than the belfast linen shown in the viewer...

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds yummy! Sounds like you choose a good day to take off!

Meari said...

Glad you enjoyed your mental health day. The recipes sounds good. :) Congrats on finishing the scrapbook!

Chelle said...

Thanks for the recipe, Erin! DH loves casseroles, Mexican and anything with chicken. This recipe fills all of those requirements!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...