October goals recap:
1) Work on the mermaids. Yes.
2) Work on the wedding piece. Yes.
3) Finish "Kaleidoscope Hearts." Yes.
4) Decide on a wedding project for BIL and his fiancee. I *think* I'll do the Celtic Heart by M Designs....but I'm not positive yet.
5) Another small project or WIP progress - whatever calls the loudest. Yes - "Share Love" is done!
6) Do an ornie - from this year's JCS issue or elsewhere. Yes - I'm counting the "Good Yule" banner for this one.
1) Work on the mermaids.
2) Work on the wedding piece.
3) An ornament or other small project - something to distract me from the big projects!
4) See what else is in the WIP/UFO pile.
My goals are pretty modest this month.....partly because I realized last night just how much work needs to be done on the wedding piece I've started. And I've "committed" (only to myself, no one has any expectations) to 2 other wedding projects - one for June, the other in August. Yikes. Here is what I have done on the wedding sampler so far. (Stoopid Blogger.....pic hosted in my Flickr account, click on it to see it bigger.)
The center is very simple, but the border is a bear! It uses 3 shades of blue, 2 shades of green, and 2 shades of gold/yellow. Plus all the backstitching (you can see where I've started a bit of it). When it is finished, the center says "May your life be enfolded in a mantle of love," with some ornamental capital letters. I'm not putting any personal info on it....not that I think the marriage is doomed to fail or anything, I'm just not a huge fan of dated/personalized wedding items. And if the marriage DOES end, this will be something that can still be passed on (or returned to me!). This is the biggest gift project I've ever done, and I'd hate to see it discarded because it marks something that didn't last.