Thursday, February 02, 2006

SBQ, 2/2/2006

(Happy Groundhog's Day!!)

With the exception of your online stitching friends, do you have any other stitching buddies?

Unfortunately, no. I do have 2 coworkers who stitch, but we don't have much in common outside of work. We have very different stitching interests and styles, and while I have no problem calling older people my friends, their worldview and experiences are vastly different from mine. My mom has tried stitching, but isn't really addicted the way I am, and one of my scrapbooking friends also stitches, but not regularly. So I'm pretty much alone on my island of floss and fabric....
I get a bit jealous of those of you who've got RL stitching friends! That's part of the reason I really want to go to CATS or some other needlework event -- in hopes of meeting folks I "know" from blogs or bulletin boards and possibly making a friend or 2 that I know as more than a chat identity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last night I started "EduCATed", even though I still don't have all the required floss. Right now the kitty is just a couple bands of gray, so I won't bother posting a pic yet! Maybe by the weekend........

2 comments:

Jenn said...

We both have the same tastes in patterns. First Sunshine the bear and now EduCATed. Mmmm I wonder what else we have stitched that is the same. :)

Singular Stitches said...

I know exactly how you feel about the RL stitchers. I think that's why I enjoy the online communities, like Friends Gather and all of the Xstitch blogs.

I don't have kids (and work full-time), so it's hard to connect with other ladies I know (most of whom are moms and have a much more hectic schedule than me). Every so often, I can catch one or two to come over to be crafty, but it's just sporatic.

So, I found that I rely most on stitching with my kitties, and with also DH while we watch movies and share my progresses with all of the really nice stitch bloggers out there.

You and I are on the same page, girlfriend! :o)

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...