I haven't done a lot of stitching lately....I tried kitting up Bent Creek's "EduCATed" last night, but realized that even after my recent bobbining marathon, I'm still short about 5 colors. I'm going to use some hand-dyed flosses - I bought them back when I bought the pattern - but I'm not buying more , so I'll supplement with the DMC conversions provided. Since it is just the book cover colors that I'm missing, I suppose I could improvise with something totally different....hmmm.
Oh, and I'm so proud!!! I stopped by Silkweavers this morning to see if the Showcase winners were up.....and while I didn't win, BOTH of my pieces in the small category made it to the finalist round!! It made me giddy, just seeing them there. (And the thing is, now that they're finished, they're not even my favorite pieces anymore. They're still in my box of "unfinished finishes", and probably won't make it out for a looooong time.) But anyway, if you check out the finalists, "Fire & Ice" and "Night Wizard" are both mine.