Thursday, November 10, 2005

SBQ, 11/10/2005

When comparing large projects versus small projects, which do you get more excited about finishing?

Any finish is worth celebrating, IMHO!!! I am still working on my first truly "big" project (Once Upon a Time), so prior to this a 5" x 7" finished piece was big. Every design has it's own charm, and I love seeing them all completed.
_________________________________________________

Yesterday my friend T stopped by with her 2 daughters (2 years old and 4 months old!) and brought pics of the "Peep" birth sampler framed and hanging on the wall. For some reason the fabric looks blue, and it is actually purple....but I'll scan the photo and see if I can adjust the color balance a bit. T is so wonderful -- I know she appreciates my craftiness! I love stitching things for her. I need to get started on something for the baby soon.....
We went out to lunch together and had a lovely chat. T used to work at our branch campus, so we discussed everything from campus politics to irritating coworkers, with occasional sprinklings of baby/parenting ideas tossed in. Someday DH and I might procreate...(heck, earlier this month we thought maybe we HAD....) ...but we're not in any hurry. Stupid juvenile diabetes. Grrrrr.

1 comment:

Von said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are living with JD. Treatments are so much better than a few years back, but it's still a terrible ordeal - always on your mind. We have families members with Type I and II.

Having children is a wonderful thing. I wish you and your dh well as you consider "procreating"! You have more to consider than many of us. I have put your blog in my Newsgator acct and will be rooting for you, whatever comes :)))

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...