First the recap.
1) finish the vegetable pattern I'm stitching on an apron for my sister's Christmas gift. YES
2) get some stitches in on Butternut Road's "Once Upon a Time." YES
3) work on the Dragon Virtues afghan. YES - finished "Trust" square.
4) join in either the Dragon Dreams or the freebie stitchalong over at the Needle & Thread board. NO - just couldn't get motivated to stitch this....
Not bad! I also got a couple pages done in my scrapbook when my mom came to visit, so I count those among my "crafty accomplishments" for the month.
And now for the new list.
1) Once Upon a Time - finish the blues in the front of the maiden's skirt.
2) finish "A Time to Sing."
3) pick a travel project to take to Iowa for our Thanksgiving trip.
4) possibly start something else new? I'm not sure what, but so much of my stash has been screaming lately.....
I haven't done much stitching yet this week. Not sure why....just not in the mood, I guess. There's been a few things on my mind lately that have made it hard to think about stitching. I have been working on a new database for my patterns -- I've actually been going through all my magazines and entering each pattern by subject. It will make it a lot easier to find specific patterns, but it is taking me FOREVER to do. But I am getting the chance to go through all my magazines cover-to-cover, which is fun! Oh, and yesterday I indulged in a bit of retail therapy - I bought two Silkweaver mini (9" x 13") solos from their eBay store. It was less than $8, even with shipping, so I don't feel TOO guilty...... At least I have avoided the mystery packs (which I really REALLY wanted) on the Silkweaver website, and the sales over at Stitching Bits & Bobs!
Because a girl can never have too many octagonal jewelry boxes....right? This is my July small, Homespun Elegance's "Lady Quaker...
...or you will end up frogging a whole bunch of over-one stitching. Grrr. So there is no progress pic on the cowboy piece today, because I...
This is the little mermaid pattern I started the other night - a freebie. There was no color key, so I'm using: Crescent Colors "...
Pardon the rather blurry cell phone picture.... I knew I wanted to mount this piece on a wooden plaque, but its dimensions were making i...