Friday, September 23, 2005

Ahhhh, Friday.

Another week gone....can't say that I've accomplished much. Ah well, I'm still alive, still employed, and still stitching!

I'm still stitching madly on the Peepers. I think I'm becoming addicted to Just Nan designs - especially the little geometric ones. I'm not quite as excited by her band samplers....partly because of all those intimidating specialty stitches, I'm sure! Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to use the Mill Hill petite beads that the pattern calls for, or substitute seed beads instead. I like the way the seed beads look, especially the white ones which would be flower centers. Maybe I'll use the bigger white beads and the petite gold ones. Hmmmm.

I also decided it was time for me to hop on the Wagon for a while. My latest shopping adventures - Stitching Bits and Bobs, my LNS, and Silkweaver - did some serious damage. Less than $100, but still, it was bad (for me, anyway -- I know there are gals out there who can drop 3x that without batting an eye!). So I've resolved not to buy anything more until January 1. I'm giving myself an exception for framing, but I'll have to take DH with me if I get anything framed...since my framer also owns the LNS. Ack. And I have that $2 of "fun money" left, so that is available for DMC emergencies. For the most part, though, I'm hoping this will inspire me to finish a couple WIP/UFOs this winter!

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...