Sunday, August 14, 2005

"Stitching the Standard" progress

Here is my "Stitching the Standard" - it was a freebie from Solaria (I posted the link to the website one or 2 entries below). The face, hair, and hands are all over one, and although I love the fabric color, it is WAY too close to the skin tones! After I finished her face, I just had to take a break from all the almondy-peach colors, so I managed to fill in the over-2 parts all the way to the bottom. Impatient stitcher that I am, I just had to see how all the colors would work together..... hehehehe I think this freebie-sized version of the full picture will be plenty for me...while I love the bigger picture, I'm afraid it would be too intimidating for me at this point and I'd never finish it.

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

How beautiful!

cathymk said...

Wow! looks wonderful!

Susie said...

That is beautiful! I can see how hard it must be to stitch the skin colors on that fabric though. You've done a great job!

susie
www.raspberryworld.com/stitchery/

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that's awesome!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...