Friday, August 12, 2005

Tidbits (or should that be "orts"?!?!?)

First of all, thank you all for the comments on my little ornament giftie! It was my first attempt at really "finishing" something, and I'm glad others like it as much as I do.

Last weekend I went to my LNS to drop off "Blessed are the Piecemakers" for framing. It will have a light cadet blue mat and a dark oak frame. I hope it goes with DH's grandmother's decor! It will cost about $60 -- but I'm really happy with the job that the LNS lady does with framing. And given the quality of her work and her ability to stretch fabrics correctly, I'd rather pay her than Michael's. They've done some very disappointing work for me. In fact, there are a few pieces at my parents' house I'd like to take in to Barb (my framer) to have re-done! Ah well, live and learn.

Of course I couldn't leave the LNS without buying SOMETHING. I got a package of Piecemaker needles - hoping they don't tarnish as fast as the DMC ones I usually have, some WDW floss (purple - for a project I have going in my brain), a little pattern from the 50%-off bin, and a piece of Victorian red lugana that I think I'll use for a blackwork design from the Celebration of Stitching book I have. I could use a deep green instead of black floss.....hmmmm.

I'm still working on "Stitching the Standard." I keep meaning to take it off the scroll frame and scan it, but I know if I do that I'll get distracted and start something new instead of putting it back on the bars!

This weekend we *might* get around to painting our hallway. At the very least, maybe we can get the rest of the wallpaper down and the wall sanded. After Saturday, DH won't have a weekend off until September -- ugh. I'm soooooo impatient.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow, 60 bucks is cheap for framing, especially from an LNS your lady sounds like a keeper! I'd love to see your stitcing the standard, which company is it by? That's one of the pieces of art I would like to stitch!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...