Monday, August 22, 2005

So much for relaxing

I was all set to sit and stitch yesterday....then my mom called. Apparently my grandmother - Dad's mom - had some sort of heart-related health problem, and the local doctors sent her to the big hospital here in Erie. Dad is coming to see her today, which meant that I had to clean our house yesterday.... I scrubbed the bathroom, vacuumed the living room/dining room and picked up most of the clutterpiles, did 2 loads of laundry, washed and put away every dish in the sink, and scrubbed all the counters in the kitchen. Phew!!

My grandmother also asked for someone to bring her baking soda. Huh? Well, she told my aunt she had some gas pains and needed a glass of water with baking soda, and the nurses wouldn't get it for her. My aunt thought since I live nearby, I could smuggle in the soda. I think NOT -- I mean, who knows, maybe it ISN'T just gas pains. And I don't want to be the one who gives her something that interferes with any diagnoses or medical procedures. My family can really be a tribe of rednecks sometimes.

So after all of my cleaning was done, I did pull out TW's "Regal Peacocks" for a bit. I started this months ago, on a piece of dark teal green linen. (It was a gift from someone on the TWBB, so I don't know the exact count, color, or fabric type.) Now that I've got a bit more done, I'm not sure if the fabric was a good choice -- too close to some of the floss colors. Ah well, we'll see. I'll scan it sometime so I can get some more opinions!

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...