Wednesday, August 24, 2005

SBQ, 8/24/2005

What's the largest project you've ever done? What's the smallest?

Hmmm. If you don't count my "Dragon Virtues" afghan (which I don't, because it is really a collection of little projects....), I think my biggest project would be Butternut Road's "Once Upon a Time." And it still isn't finished. *sigh* I've done so many ornies and freebies that I have no idea what the smallest might be! The Celebration of Stitching squares are only about 2" x 2", so they're definitely in the running. I've also done bunches of clothespin angels - the kind where you stitch a design on Aida, trim it with lace, and attach it like a cone to the pin - and although they are small, they can be quite frustrating!

__________________________________________


Well, my grandmother had emergency triple bypass surgery on Monday, and also had two valves repaired. My dad called last night to say that she is already off the ventilator, and the docs are hoping to move her into the step-down unit by the end of the week! Medical progress is amazing. And I'm sure that her "stubborn old goat" attitude is actually helping her to heal faster..... She is close to 80, so her rate of recovery is really impressive. As Dad said, just imagine how healthy she'd be if she hadn't smoked for 60 years.....

___________________________________________


I was actually stitching on "Once Upon a Time" last night, and really enjoying it. I'm ready to go home and do a bit more tonight! I also dug a partially-finished ornie out of a drawer and worked on that for a while. It is one of those $.99 kits with the string instead of floss and the plastic frame -- but still cute, and maybe something I could tie to a vase of flowers and take to Gram tomorrow or Friday (still can't believe they're talking about sending her home by early next week!!).

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad to hear your Gran made it thru her bypass and is progressing nicely!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...