Sunday, August 21, 2005

Baskets and Butterflies

Last night I finished Black Swan's "Flight of Fancy" square from the Celebration of Stitching book. It turned out really cute, I think! I stitched it on mint green Jubilee, and changed the border from blues to greens.


I used some quilter's batting to make it into a padded top for a teeny basket I picked up last week at the craft store, and edged it (to hide the glue) with purple ribbon. It is adorable, even if I didn't get it perfectly centered..... I took a pic and should have some film developed soon.

Yesterday was a little crazy....today will be ALL about stitching and relaxing! I agreed to help out a friend and lifeguard for a Girl Scout camp yesterday. I didn't realize I'd be driving 25 miles one-way to guard for no pay for an hour! Oh well. It gave me an excuse to get out and use some gift certificates I had for a local department store (since I had to pass the store on my way out and back!), and I stopped at A.C. Moore and took advantage of their 7/$1 DMC floss sale. I also grabbed one of those complete "Daydreams" kits - the ones that come with the glass, mats, and everything - from the 50%-off bin.

3 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

That's very pretty Erin! I look forward to seeing the finished basket.

Kitty Couture said...

That's so cute and dainty! Looking forward to seeing the basket now!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Erin your butterfly is gorgeous and I'll be waiting to see your basket!!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...