Thursday, August 18, 2005

SBQ, 8/17/2005

How often do you wash your fabric for each project? Do you wait until the very end until to wash it or do you wash it more than once?

I used to wash my finished pieces only, usually more to get the hoop marks out than to clean the fabric. Now that I've discovered 1) hand-dyed fabrics and flosses and 2) scroll frames, I sometimes don't wash at all..... I probably don't worry as much as I should about dirt and oils. But I keep my hands and my stitching clean, I don't eat near my work, and I store everything in bags or pillowcases when I'm not stitching. I figure as long as I enjoy the process and am happy with the finished product, I'm not going to worry!!

_________________________________________________
Well, I knew it would happen. Once I took "Stitching the Standard" off the frame, I just wasn't motivated to put it back on. Now I'm working on another square from the Celebration of Stitching book -- Black Swan's "Flight of Fancy" butterfly square. I'm stitching it on mint green evenweave, and I think I'm going to make it into a padded top for a teeny basket I have. As for what I'll do with the basket... ::shrug:: But I could have a finish by the end of the weekend!! I love instant gratification. ::grin::

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...