Thursday, July 07, 2005

SBQ, 7/7/2005 and Weekend Plans

Do you think that you stitch neater on Evenweave than you do on Aida cloth? If so, why?

Yes, I do think my stitching is neater on evenweave than it was on Aida. As for why...hmmm. Well, I do tend to count more carefully, but I don't think that is entirely it. Maybe it is due more to my experience level than the fabric, but using evenweave I'm much more conscious of how threads lie and how full the coverage is. In general, I just like the look of a finished piece on evenweave - I think it is because since the holes are less obvious, how the stitching was done seems more mysterious and impressive (especially to non-stitchers)!!

______________________________________


Saturday I'm going to the wedding that I stitched the mini-sampler for...I ended up making it into (what I think turned out to be) a really cute ornament. A friend did some of the sewing for me on her machine, then I stuffed it, had my first experience with slip stitching to close it nicely, added a burgundy cord trim and stitched on a loop of pearl beads as a hanger. It isn't perfect - where I stitched the cord on, some of the stitches are visible - but I was mightily impressed with myself! I took a picture, but since I don't have a digital camera you'll have to wait until the film is developed and scanned to see it. (nyah nyah)
I also bought some bathroom items from their registry - a matching soap dish, toothbrush holder, lotion pump, and tumbler, plus the last 2 hand towels remaining on the list - AND dug into my scrapbooking stash to make a custom card. I'm obviously insane. I tried explaining to my husband why I'm going to such trouble for someone who never even RSVPed to our wedding....he doesn't get it. You see, I grew up in a small town, and it is all about keeping up appearances!!! I KNOW that someone will be watching to see what I'm driving, what I'm wearing, who I'm with, and what kind of gift I bring....ugh. So going and being generous will effectively leave them with no ammunition. hehehehe I know, I'm sick.

Sunday I'm heading out to the medieval faire to blow off all the irritating small-town stress. I can hardly wait....

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...