Thursday, May 19, 2005

SBQ, 5/19/2005

How many strands of floss to you prefer to stitch with? Why?

I'm generally a 2-strand stitcher, basically because it rarely occurs to me to try anything else! I think provides more than adequate coverage - I usually stitch on 28-count fabrics, and I often LIKE to see just a teeny bit of the fabric underneath the stitches. I think it adds to the character of the piece. I also recently discovered the "loop start", as well as railroading, and it works so wonderfully with 2 strands. I do backstitch with 1 strand, though. And after struggling with 2 strands of metallic floss, I'll do my darndest to stitch with 1 of that as well.....

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...