Last weekend I took my little Stoney Creek "Song of Peace" to Michael's so it would be framed for my dad by Christmas. It was during one of their 50%-off framing specials, and the stitching is only about 3"x5", so I figured it would be pretty affordable.
WRONG.
$70 -- AFTER the 50% was subtracted! Geez. If I'd known how to stretch and lace the piece myself, I could have just bought a mat with a 4"x6" opening (so precut, even!), and a frame - probably 5"x7". As it is, Michael's insists on a minimum of 2 inches of mat around the piece, which means that the finished frame size is something like 8"x9" or something (3/4" of fabric showing on each side of the stitching, then the 2 inches of mat). Ah well. Dad better like it, that's all I can say!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Craft Sale!
So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend. And we didn't do terribly! I sold $125 worth of needle...
-
So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend. And we didn't do terribly! I sold $125 worth of needle...
-
After 11 hours in the hospital Sunday night/Monday morning.....I'm no longer pregnant. It was easily the scariest night of my life, as ...
-
So, why have I been so non-posty lately? I can finally tell you. It involves this: And this: Yep, you guessed it, I'm pregnant! The sup...
No comments:
Post a Comment