Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Stitching Blogger's QOTW, 11/22/2004

Hand-dyed fabrics - love 'em or hate 'em? If you love them, what kind/colours do you have?

Love 'em!!! A hand-dyed Silkweaver Solo was my first big project done over-2, so there is a special place in my heart (and my stash!) for these lovely fabrics. I don't have that many, though. Right now I've got a piece of SMF "Golden Turret" and a deep blue/brown Silkweaver Solo. Although I love to browse the color collections, I'm hesitant to buy anything if I'm not sure I'll use it (for example - I love some of the purple dyed fabrics, but don't see myself stitching anything on them....or if I did, I can't imagine where in my house I would display something in those colors....). If I see a bargain on a piece on eBay, though, all bets are off.... hehehehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


In related news.....I just started my next "big" project!!! I put in the first stitches on Butternut Road's "Once Upon a Time" last night, and I'm loving it. Of course, who DOESN'T love starting something new?!?!? Anyway, I'm stitching it on (you guessed it) a hand-dyed. It is another Silkweaver Solo, in a shade that I've started referring to as "Cotton Khaki". *grin* It is a mottled creamy tan with some pink undertones. A little lighter than the natural linen used for the package model, but the reds and blues absolutely shine, and I love it!

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...