Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Stitching Blogger's QOTW, 11/15/2004

Do you find that having another distraction (music, movies, people to
talk to) while stitching helps you make progress or make mistakes?


Well, the TV is almost always on while I'm stitching. I don't think it relates to the number of mistakes I make as much as it impacts my overall progress - I'm easily distracted, and once I look up at the TV, I sometimes don't look back to my stitching for 10-15 minutes! So basically, if the TV is on, you can figure that for every hour I spend "stitching" only about 30-40 minutes is spent actually putting needle to fabric.

As for music....that tends to help me stitch. I'm not sure why - maybe it is because I always used to study with music too? People talking...well, the person talking is usually DH, and he needs eye contact or else he thinks I'm ignoring him! So I can't often stitch and talk....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


ADDED BONUS - A FINISH!



This is the piece I stitched for my dad. Of course, I finished it on Sunday, and the 50% off framing sale at Michael's ended Saturday....grrrr. This really was a fun little stitch! It is about 3"x5", stitched over 2 on 36-ct. Meadow Lark linen from Birds of a Feather. The pattern was from the 10/2004 Stoney Creek magazine issue, but I changed all of the colors except the red/terra cotta shade. (Most of the colors are similar to the original, just deeper shades -- more "Dad", I thought!)

No comments:

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...