Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Finished!!

 After 6 years....


...she's DONE!  This is "Family Treasure III" by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum/Told in a Garden.  I started it in 2015, and finished it this past Sunday (3/28).  I made a few changes (as always):
- I added white seed beads in the outer border, and I replaced some of the "flowers" with beads as well (pink, purple, blue, and gold).
- There were many hearts in this pattern.  I don't love hearts, especially not the very 1980s-styled ones here.  So I replaced many of them... 
...with lazy daisies...


...and with Rhodes hearts and eyelets.

The more I look at this, the more I see that I scattered beads all over the place.  There were just so many places that were perfect for a little bit of sparkle and bling.
Mill Hill petites for "bees," and a little glass flower bead that just fit perfectly below.

I've already dropped the piece off at the frame shop, because at over 2 feet long, I just don't have a good place to store this!  And after 6 years on a scroll frame, it deserves to be on display ASAP.

4 comments:

Donna G. said...

That is beautiful heirloom piece. Looking forward to seeing it framed.

Bronwyn said...

Congratulations on your finish.

Rachel said...

Huge congratulations on finishing a long-time WIP. You must be really pleased to have not only completed it but to have already handed it to a framer. Looking forward to seeing what the completely finished piece looks like. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this amazing project! It's lovely to see the close-up photos too. Well done on getting it to the framer so quickly too. I can't wait for mine to reopen!

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...