Thursday, January 07, 2021

Put a Lid in It

A few months ago I found a cute little pot at the thrift store - evidently it held a candle in its previous life (the bottom of it has an imprint of "Lang Candles, Ltd").  And I'm a sucker for cute little things...

The flower is from "Kindness Matters," a pattern by Teresa Miller in the Summer 2020 issue of Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher.  I changed the bottom leaves a little bit, and used GAST Cranberry for the red.  I stitched it 1-over-2 on a scrap of 40-ct. linen, and made the lid from basswood circles.  The top is a 2.5 inch circle, and there is a smaller one attached to the underside so it won't slide off the jar too easily.  I made the trim with perle cotton, and hid the joined ends of the cording with the wee button.  It was a fun little project!  And now I have a new item to hunt for in thrift shops...

3 comments:

Donna G. said...

What a cute finish! Thrift store finds are the best.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a good idea for a finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely idea for a finish, especially if you can pick up the pots cheaply.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...