Thursday, December 03, 2020

Getting Medieval

 In an effort to finish a few things, I grabbed this piece out of the WIP basket - "Arthurian Places" by AuryTM.  It was a kit, but the included materials looked NOTHING like the kit picture!  It reminded me of those "is it white and blue or pink and gray" photos.... and the first time I photographed the finished piece, too much flash resulted in the same washed-out look.  Rest assured that the fabric IS a lovely mottled pink!


I made a few small changes.  The words are stitched with Waterlilies' "Royal Jewels" silk, because the kit floss - the one used for the inner scalloped border - was just too light on the dark pink fabric.  I also added beads in the dark pink motifs, and stitched Rhodes squares on the corners.  I'm not quite sure what I'll do with this yet.  It is about 4 1/4" square, so it could fit in a 5" standard frame...or maybe I'll make some other sort of flat finish with it.

1 comment:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

As you've suggested, I think a flat finish would look good.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...