Monday, August 24, 2020

Unfocused Covid Photo Dump

 Working from home for almost 6 months now, and time has lost all meaning.  My daughter is practically feral, and being raised on video games and fruit snacks.  My husband is back in his office, and I have to go in to the library once a week, but it just feels like nothing is getting done.  I know it is, at least in part, situational depression and anxiety, but DAMN.  This is not where I thought I'd be in my 40s, that's for sure.

But I keep stitching...it keeps me at least a little bit sane.  I start gobs of things, and eventually maybe I'll finish a few.  Here's some pics for proof.

Shepherd's Bush "Devon Hedge."  Some bead substitutions made, as well as a slightly different family of  brown/tans because I thought the ones called for looked just the tiniest bit green on my fabric choice.

This one IS a finish - "Time to Fly" by StitchyFish Designs in this year's Just Cross Stitch Halloween special.  I wanted to finish it in a Tim Holtz alarm clock, but it was just a smidge too big.

My start on the SamSarah "Shining Star" pattern I picked up at the LNS closing sale.  It reminds me of the friend who passed away - she loved Christmas.  So this will be Julia's piece.  <3


By the Bay Needleart's "Spooky Hill."  This has been in my stash forever, and thinking about stitching it always made me smile.  I had all the flosses it called for (and of course I substituted for one, anyway - I used Romy's Creations "Black Tulip" for the rider's body, since I didn't like the orange color used in the pattern!), so I decided to dive in.

And finally, a little find from a new ritual.  There is a giant antique mall less than a mile from our new house, and a few weekends ago when I had to walk into town to drop some mail at the post office, I wandered into the store.  I could spend hours there!  There were some pieces of old needlework, but nothing I felt compelled to "save."  This little...candleholder? vase?.....though - a perfect fancy ort holder!  It makes me smile.  And reminds me that many old things find ways of staying with us, of being rediscovered at the right time by the right people, even as time marches on.  We'll be all right.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thank goodness for all things crafty during this crazy year <3. Your projects look great, especially your Halloween piece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

My stitching and my blog have definitely helped me get through this year. You've got some great WIPs in the rotation, I like the By the Bay design. I'm waiting patiently for my Hallowe'en JCS, they were delayed in getting to England this year.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...