Sunday, August 30, 2020

Mermaid treasure box

 The very first music/jewelry box I deconstructed and added needlework to was this one - where I used a small Ink Circles design.  I really loved that box, because the glass lid was held in not by cheap little metal clips (like most of the ones I've found since), but by a wood "frame" of sorts.  So when I found another on eBay, selling for .99 since the music box was broken, I snapped it up!  Even with $8 in shipping costs, it wasn't a bad deal.  And then I stitched up this little mermaid design from The Primitive Hare, and voila!


Everything came from my stash - linen left over from one of my half-dolls, DMC floss, an assortment of beads, and cotton fabrics from my finishing supplies.

A friend of mine rents space at a local craft marketplace, and she has hinted that she thinks she could sell some of these for me.  I may not make a huge profit, but I also don't need 7 (8?  I've lost count...) jewelry boxes sitting around my house.

1 comment:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a pretty finish. If you were to sell your music boxes at least you know they are going to someone who wants it.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...