Tuesday, May 05, 2020

More framing done

Another thing this moved showed me was just how MANY frames and finishing ideas I had stashed away in various bins and boxes.  It was a little horrifying, really...and overwhelming.  I was at a point where organizing and using any of it felt downright oppressive.  So now I'm working through things, finishing items and stitching designs that I know I bought finishing materials for.  (Currently I have another half doll on my work table!)  And this little guy - the frame actually wasn't from my stash, it was one that was left in the house by the previous owners.  It had a little piece of mass-produced calligraphy in it - a quote about good neighbors - so I disassembled it and repurposed the frame.  I even left the glass!  I cut tiny strips of mat board that fit between the glass and the stitching, but are not visible from the the front, to keep the stitching from touching the glass.
This was a Sudberry House clock design that I modified a few years ago.  I didn't want to stitch the clock face, so I added the Quaker pattern and the Rhodes heart at the top.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Such a sweet design <3

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's a lovely finish.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...