Monday, April 29, 2019

She's so....sassy

Once the fabric arrived from 123Stitch, and I saw just how perfect a match it was, of course I HAD to start stitching, right?

This is Giulia Punti Antichi's "Norma June" half-doll design, from Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher magazine (Spring 2016, I think?).  The model is stitched on brown linen, but since I'm using a different doll, I found WDW "Sea Foam" linen, and it matches her top almost perfectly.  If you look at the model picture, the portion I've stitched is in brown with green leaves...well, that didn't work for me, either.  So I'm using Valdani "Blackened Teal" and Dinky Dyes "Merlot" to make a rosebud-looking border instead of the more rustic feel.  And the more I look at the doll, the sassier she gets!  And I don't think the model's chatelaine of sewing accessories will be appropriate for her.  I'm thinking a teeny copy of "Treasure Island," a map in a bottle, and a compass, maybe?  (I have those things, found on clearance at Hobby Lobby years ago in their line of Fairy Tale charms.)

2 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The fabric is ideal and your planned accessories fit with the 'Sea foam' colours.

Robin in Virginia said...

The fabric is perfect for Miss "Sassy".

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...