Sunday, March 17, 2019

A Wee Pretty

I was going to try and save this little lady for my next FFG SAL round-up...but I'm so glad she's done that I have to share her now!
In my excitement to try a half-doll design, I remembered that I had a wee little kit from Cherished Stitches, to make the tiniest of pincushion dolls.  So I dove in....

Meet Avriel!

My Avriel is, of course, somewhat different from the model.  I didn't think the kit floss and ribbon were quite the same shades of purple, so I dove into my stash and pulled out HDF's "Acts of Violets."  The stitching itself was quite simple, but the assembly was a bit of a bear - especially when it came to attaching that slippery satin ribbon to....anything.  And that's why my Avriel has a bouquet of flowers at her waist, to hide where the ribbon wouldn't sit nicely on top of the backstitching.  I also gave up on the ribbon rosette "hat," and just painted her hair.  I think it makes her look more refined....like maybe she is the model's big sister?
She has a few odd spots and errors (I simply could NOT get the ribbons to lie nicely in the back), but all in all, I think she's pretty sweet.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

She's fantastic and so different from anything I've seen before! I LOVE the thread colour and also admire your patience with the ribbon.
If you want to add her to this month's FFG SAL there's still time; no harm in having more than one entry per month if you've got more to show! :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your half doll finish! I think your Avriel looks darling.

Terri said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish!!

Loretta said...

Beautiful!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That is so cute! Such a beautiful little design.

Craft Sale!

So my mother and I set up our little table at the craft fair this past weekend.  And we didn't do terribly!  I sold $125 worth of needle...